Untitled Header Image

Jerusalem Cemetery

Jerusalem Cemetery, founded in 1842, was the original site of a small Welsh Church named Capel Log. There is a marker that stands at the original location. In 1853, th first resident minister in the Village of Wales, William T. Williams, was buried in Jerusalem within a few yards of the Capel Log marker. His is one of the oldest marked graves in Jerusalem Cemetery. In 1859, a larger building was built to hold the growing congregation and the name of the church changed from Capel Log to Jerusalem hence Jerusalem Cemetery. In 1913, a new church building was constructed on Main Street in the Village of Wales, and over; time, the Capel Log building was removed.